Dr Amith Shetty is the Clinical Senior Lecturer
Emergency Medicine, Westmead Clinical School
Co-Director, Emergency Medical Research Unit
Honorary Research Fellow, NHMRC CRE in Critical Infection
Practicing Staff Specialist in Emergency department at Westmead Hospital and Co-Director of Emergency Medical research unit since 2013. Dr Shetty is also currently working with ehealth NSW on clinico-technical projects addressing challenges of systems interoperability and patient risk monitoring.
His research interests include: Models of care, Health Services Research, Emergency department research and patient care outcomes; Sepsis
Sydney Multicentre Emergency Department Sepsis Archive
- BLISS 2 trial – Bacterial load in severe sepsis trial – site lead for this multicentre trial
- SMEDSA (Sydney Multicentre Emergency Department Sepsis Archive) – Project lead/ Chief investigator for development and analysis of patients presenting to ED – multicentre trial – multiple studies
- Manual CPR, Manual CPR with feedback and Mechanical CPR in simulation – randomised trial
- Pain Control and Patient Satisfaction study (PCAPS)
- Alcohol Harm in Emergency Department Study – Research lead for Westmead hospital for multicentre trial (Australia and New Zealand)
- · Motor Traffic Authority – clinical lead for Westmead hospital – sociodemographic factors in chronic head injury outcomes
- Domestic violence in Emergency department – current practice and future policy impacts
- Adolescent presentations to co-located adults and paediatrics hospitals – qualitative analysis of transitional care.