Please join us for the first Digital Health and Informatics Network (DHIN) Symposium on Tuesday 5th December, 2017 “The Future We Were Promised” where we will be exploring how partnerships in digital health are transforming care.
Our international keynote speaker is Dr Calum MacRae M.D. Ph.D, Chief of Cardiovascular Medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. Dr MacRae and his team were selected as the recipients of the One Brave Idea research award, which is a $75 million, 5 year research award. He will be speaking on “Connecting care and discovery: a real-world learning health system”.
The symposium will feature the following speakers:
* Aaron Jones, Chief Nursing Information Officer, Sydney Local Health District
* Dr Peter Kennedy PSM, Clinical Adviser, eHealth NSW
* Dr Janice Gullick, Director of Postgraduate Studies; Coordinator, Master of Intensive Care Nursing. Sydney Nursing School.
* Dr Amith Shetty, Emergency Medicine, Westmead Clinical School, Co-Director, Emergency Medical Research Unit
* Dr Andrew Campbell, Cyberpsychology Research Group Chair, Senior Lecturer in Psychology
* Associate Professor Cheryl McCullagh, Director of Clinical Integration at The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network
* Associate Professor Vitali Sintchenko, Director, Centre for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology (CIDM) Public Health, Sydney West LHD and Pathology West
* Dr Rob Zielinski, Head of Cancer Services at Central West Cancer Services
* Professor Rafael Calvo, Director of the Positive Computing lab and co-director of the Software Engineering Group
* Professor Tim Shaw, Professor of eHealth and Director of Research in Implementation Science and eHealth
The symposium sessions will also address how digital health is changing care within the following themes:
* Monitoring of population health/disease prevention with Chair Professor Jonathan Morris
* Novel insights into disease prevention and patient care with Chair Dr Aldo Saavedra
* Increasing the efficiency of biomedical and clinical research with Chair Dr Charmaine Tam
Please click on the link below to view the Symposium program DHIN_Symposium_program_FINAL
Please join us afterwards for refreshments and to celebrate the launch of the network. This event is open to anyone interested in digital health and informatics.
We will be circulating the full program shortly and if you have any questions, please email Jacqueline.email@example.com